Home >> The IT4BI Experience >> Students Realisations
You will find here a small sample of what IT4BI is!
Congratulation to our 2nd generation of IT4BI student who won this year the “Prix Special du Jury” during the Boost your Code 2015 competition (link in French). The French Institute for Research in Computer Science and Automation (INRIA) awarded him this prize for his work on an open source decision-aiding software tool, that he is developping for his ongoing master thesis in CentraleSupelec PARIS.
To learn more about that beautiful adventure, follow that link.
- Datosphera is a platform that helps entrepreneurs validate their business ideas and investors to identify the best opportunities in the market, with the use of Big Data.
The initial project idea was conceived when Madalina Burghelea started working as an engineer in Incubio Research, a center of innovation in emerging technologies in Big Data, before transitioning to her new role as an entrepreneur at Incubio.
- Idées du Sud SASU provides consulting services in Information Technology, decision aid as well as advisory in general. The initial project idea was conceived when Maximiliano Ariel Lopez was developing ElectioVis (https://www.electiovis.com/) for his master’s thesis.
- Meshcloud is a public cloud platform based on the open source technologies OpenStack and Cloud Foundry. We connect the infrastructure of local service providers to build a global multi-cloud. On our platform, our customers find standardized cloud products (VMs, network, storage, containers, etc.) and can choose from a dense network of service providers across Europe (for now). For the customer, the platform provides transparency on different locations and ease of use as it allows them to easily move between or add providers to their cloud setup. It further prevents customers from vendor-lockin into proprietary cloud technology (AWS, Azure, etc.), as we solely rely on open source technologies.
- Faisal Orakzai, Toon Calders, Thomas Devogele. Distributed Convoy Pattern Mining.
ACM SIGSPATIAL 2015, Nov 2015, Seattle, United States.
- Diana Bogantes, Eric Rodriguez, Alejandro Arauco, Alejandro Rodriguez, Agata Savary: Towards Lexical Encoding of Multiword Expressions in Spanish Dialects. LREC 2016 (poster)
http://cs.ulb.ac.be/conferences/ebiss2015/files/posters/bogantes_ebiss2015.pdf (eBISS 2015 version)
- Emona Nakuci, Vasileios Theodorou, Petar Jovanovic, Alberto Abello: Bijoux: Data Generator for Evaluating ETL Process Quality. DOLAP 2014: 23-32
- Rizkallah Touma, Oscar Romero, Petar Jovanovic: Supporting Data Integration Tasks with Semi-Automatic Ontology Construction. DOLAP 2015: 89-98
- Pedro Furtado, Sergi Nadal, Veronika Peralta, Mahfoud Djedaini, Nicolas Labroche, Patrick Marcel: Materializing Baseline Views for Deviation Detection Exploratory OLAP. DaWaK 2015: 243-254
- Maximiliano Ariel Lopez, Sergi Nadal, Mahfoud Djedaini, Patrick Marcel, Veronika Peralta, Pedro Furtado: An Approach for Alert Raising in Real-Time Data Warehouses. EDA 2015: 145-160
- Petar Jovanovic, Oscar Romero, Alkis Simitsis, Alberto Abello, Hector Candon, Sergi Nadal: Quarry: Digging Up the Gems of Your Data Treasury. EDBT 2015: 549-552
- Nacera Bennacer, Mia Johnson Vioules, Maximiliano Ariel Lopez, Gianluca Quercini: A Multilingual Approach to Discover Cross-Language Links in Wikipedia. WISE (1) 2015: 539-553
- Moritz Schubotz, Alexey Grigorev, Marcus Leich, Howard S. Cohl, Norman Meuschke, Bela Gipp, Abdou S. Youssef, and Volker Markl. 2016. Semantification of Identifiers in Mathematics for Better Math Information Retrieval. In Proceedings of the 39th International ACM SIGIR conference on Research and Development in Information Retrieval (SIGIR ’16). ACM, New York, NY, USA, 135-144.